About the EKSA Sports Awards
Sport plays an important role within a community and individuals lives. Often clubs and associations operate by their members who volunteer their time to offer opportunities to all. Sport and Active Recreation unites people of all ages, ethnicity and gender and the committee of the East Kimberley Sports Association Inc. believe the community should celebrate the role it plays in the East Kimberley region.
The East Kimberley Sports Awards are to be held at the Kimberley Grande in the Argyle room on Saturday 17th September.
Nominations open Monday 18th July and close 4pm Friday 26th August 2016. Please check the nominee’s eligibility of the relevant award (2016 Nomination Guidelines) before applying or contacting the Association for additional queries.
Please describe and attach as many supporting documents as evidence of achievements, the more information you provide the easier it will be for our judges to determine the most awarding nominees.
If you have any queries please direct them to the Association by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0448 445 348.
Please submit nominations with relevant supporting documentation via the following methods:
Who is EKSA
After a hiatus of twenty years, the Department of Sport and Recreation in partnership with the Shire of Wyndham East Kimberley decided it was time to bring back the Sports Awards, and the EKSA was formed.
Supported by both the roles of DSR's Regional Officer and SWEK's Club Development Officer the EKSA Committee has been dedicated to growing Sports through the Awards night..
Current committee members are President VIctoria Blanche, Treasurer Jodie Alford , Secretary Maria Geier and Jason Zwitser.
2016 Nomination Guidelines
- All nominees must reside in the East Kimberley;
- All supporting documentation of the nominee must be within the period of September 2015 –September 2016 only (any information outside this period will not be considered);
- Each nominee can be nominated for more than one award with separate nomination forms, but can only be a finalist for one award;
- If there is more than one nomination for one individual or club in the same award category, only the best will be selected and used by the judging panel. It is recommended that there is no more than one nomination submitted to ensure all nominations are eligible;
- All successful nominations making the finalist selections will be announced through various communication portals including (but not limited to) the committee contacting them directly and an advertisement in selected print media;
- Nominations close Friday 26th August at 4pm; and
- Judging panel decisions are final.
Junior Sports Star of the Year
Senior Sports Star of the Year
Club of the Year
Volunteer of the Year
Service to Sport
Official of the Year